Tuesday 13 July 2010

Get a Head start

Many times people will not complete a race. Is it because their body has given up on them, or have they injured themselves on the run ? No, its because they have given up in their mind.....

Running, some say is more about mental attitude than it is actual physical exercise, and I think they have a valid point. Many times during running whether training or in a race I have been challenged by my mind telling me things like - Its really hard today, or I do not feel great i'll just finish now, or my body feels like it cannot go on any further i'll just stop now. These are all the sorts of things that can go on in the head department.
Contrast this with someone who is truly focussed and ultra determined to succeed or finish a race.
They know they will do it.... and you know what - they usually do !!!!
Food for thought don't you think ???

No comments:

Post a Comment