Wednesday 13 February 2013

Still Running

Welcome to my blog about Running....

It has been a while since I posted, but I have decided to get up to speed again and let folks know what is happening with me on the running front.
It was a good time on the lead up to Christmas 2012, training went well and I was gearing up to running in some 5k races in the new year. Around that time I managed to write another short book to join the others in my Amazon Kindle collection. This time it focused on getting up from a non exercise position to get up and get Running. The title is Get Up and Run and is aimed firmly at beginners to running who want to get fitness levels up from where they are at.
After the turn of the year I was running 5k in training consistently, but then at the end of January felt quite fatigued after my runs and decided to take a week off and rest. Having done this, I got back out on the road and was pleasantly surprised at being able to run a straight mile in under 9 minutes. This was the first time in a long time that I have done this. I resolved after that to gear my training to improving my pace rather than trying to run longer distances. My immediate goal is to complete the local Parkrun sometime in March. Watch this space for progress reports....

No comments:

Post a Comment