Thursday 13 September 2012

Steady Up

Good intentions are great, but then when reality kicks in it can be a different story. I had intended to follow my 3 mile run on Sunday with a HIIT session on Wednesday, but after the run on Sunday I felt a niggle from my left knee. Experience has taught me to take heed of these little things and so I delayed going out again until today. I managed the session ok with another 3x30second runs at fast pace with 3 minutes recovery between each. Not forgetting the importance of warming up and warming down before and after. What I experienced this time was strange. On the first fast 30sec. I felt real discomfort in both my thighs. I have never had this before and it was the same for the other two runs. It was not sore enough to stop me, but I am now expecting them to stiffen quite a bit later on today. Maybe I started too quickly after my warm up and I will certainly allow more time when doing this again. An easy pace 3 mile run will be my next outing at the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment