Monday 21 February 2011

Another great run

It was a joy to watch Mo Farah in Birmingham on Sat. he ran another brilliant race and won going away from the field. It is really satisfying when you see a runner who is able to judge pace like that and know that when the button is pressed for the final burst, a good win is assured.
A bit different from that was the Cross Country racing I attended briefly in my home town on Sat. no great or particularly famous names there, but the object was the same - to run well and do the best you can. The runners had a tough course which was well cut up with the weather but that did not deter them too much and I'm sure they all enjoyed it....
For myself, I am enjoying building my distance up again, albeit slowly. Today I enjoyed a 2 miler which was slightly longer than my last 1.5 miles - easy does it. I hope to be at the 5k distance by mid March.

No comments:

Post a Comment