Friday 10 September 2010

How do you feel when Running

I passed a young man who was out running yesterday and it was obvious that he was finding it hard. His cheeks were bright red and his posture indicated that he was about to stop. Wether he did or not  I don't know but it got me thinking of how I felt when I was running. Someone said to me recently ''I'll take up running when I see someone doing it with a smile on their face'' Admittedly I myself have always found it takes effort to run but I am sure over the yearsI have been happy running, although perhaps not smiling all the time.
When you are running you are subjecting your body to a lot of different pressures and it does take more effort than walking. Therefore there are going to be signs in your body and especially on your face, that you are coping with these pressures as you continue to run. To run is enjoyable, especially when you have a level of fitness that allows you to go out and cover anything from 3 to 10 miles without any real difficulty. If you are finding it really hard to run and your cheeks are bright red and you are feeling really exhausted after a couple of miles - perhaps it might be time to consider where you are in it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment